Saturday, April 26, 2014

Young Ward Tractors pay tribute.

Tragedy seems to be hitting close to home this week. I do not personally know those involved with two devastating events, but many people that I know, are either in anguish themselves right now, or doing what they can to help those who are mourning. I am sad for the pain of so many. I am also so touched by those reaching out to their neighbors in need. Today I was home in Cache Valley. Just a mile down the road, in the neighborhood of my childhood, lives a family that is dealing with a tragedy I cannot imagine......loosing their two-year-old child in a devastating accident. I do not know this young family. But I do know most of their neighbors......the devoted, salt-of-the-earth, rural farming community families that I grew up with. And today I was blessed enough to be home to see just one of the ways the neighborhood showed their support for this family. Apparently the little boy loved tractors. And up and down the road leading to this boy's home today, were tractors. They were parked along the road near each farmers home, and at the intersection. Balloons were attached to each tractor. The tractor nearest to the boys home, had the front loader lifted high in the air......all of them seeming to stand at attention, to honor the life of this little boy, and to remind his parents that they have neighbors who've got their backs and are surrounding them with support. It was beautiful.




No comments: