Friday, April 4, 2014

Kindergarten Circus Day!!

Whew!! Today was a CIRCUS!! Yep, it sure was. And it was epic!! I do have a circus themed classroom, and yet we have never really done much as far as learning about the circus. So this was the week for our circus theme...as far as books, centers, writing, etc. But Wednesday night I decided we should actually have a class circus celebration! One e-mail to my AMAZING parents and that was that! Thursday the brilliant students came up with the idea of bringing stuffed animals for the circus animals. They also came up with the idea of dressing up as the circus performers!! The kids ideas!! I actually told them NO! And about two minutes later I changed my mind, after their convincing arguments! And I am SO glad I did! 36 hours after even coming up with the idea to have a circus...we had one of our best days ever at school. We had acrobats, dancers, lions and tigers, ringmasters, clowns and more! They were adorable! We paraded outside, and 5th grade happened to be at recess. That was perfect! They cheered for the kids which was pretty exciting! Another class came out of their portable classroom to see us parade by! Loved the attention to make us all official!! A HUGE shout out to my fabulous parent volunteers who helped me pull it off today. No question we could not have days like this without them! I could go on....but I'll let the photos tell the rest!










My favorite photo of the day....the shadows!


No comments: